Reduced Sodium Pizza.
You can cook Reduced Sodium Pizza using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Reduced Sodium Pizza
- It’s of Crust:.
- You need 2 Cups of Warm Water.
- It’s 1 Package of Active Dry Yeast.
- Prepare 3 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 4 Tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 TB of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 15 oz of No Salt Added Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Mrs. Dash.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need of Toppings:.
- Prepare 16 oz of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Prepare of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, if desired.
- It’s of Low Sodium Toppings of Choice.
Reduced Sodium Pizza instructions
- Place the warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved..
- Mix in flour, sugar and olive oil by hand or with paddle attachment on low speed for one minute..
- Knead the dough by hand or with dough hook for 7-10 minutes. If the dough is too wet, add more flour until only slightly sticky..
- Coat the dough ball lightly with olive oil, set in a large bowl, covered, and let rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 to 2 hours..
- While dough is rising, mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, Mrs. Dash and black pepper in a sauce pan and allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes, but you can let it simmer on low for as long as you like..
- When the dough is ready, divide into two balls and gently press each out on a floured surface until thin and round. Watch out that the dough is not too thick anywhere but the edges. If you think it's too thin, you're probably doing it right..
- Spray two pizza pans with oil and carefully transfer the dough onto the pans. If well floured, you can fold the dough into quarters to make it easier to transfer. Carefully stretch the dough as needed to fill each pan..
- Spread sauce over the dough and sprinkle with red pepper flakes to your liking. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and low sodium toppings of your choice..
- If you're a crust eater, you may want to brush the edges with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, Mrs. Dash or the sodium free seasoning of your choice. The outer crusts are otherwise a little bland..
- Bake in preheated oven at 450º F for about 20-25 minutes or until crusts are brown and cheese is golden. About halfway through, swap and turn the two pizzas for even cooking. If still not browned to your satisfaction, try broiling each pizza very briefly on the top rack, watching carefully, just before removing from the oven. Cut each pizza into 8 slices..