Homemade Extra Cheese Pizza. A simple recipe for extra cheese pizza on top of the best homemade pizza dough. My husband's favorite food is pizza. I, on the other hand, am all about the extras.
Be careful not to overload the pizza with too many toppings, or your pizza will be soggy. This cheese pizza tastes just like what you'd expect from your classic pie, but infinitely better. It's sophisticated enough for adults, but loved by all kids. You can cook Homemade Extra Cheese Pizza using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Extra Cheese Pizza
- It’s 1/2 of pizza crust.
- It’s 1/2 of –3/4 cup (127-190g) pizza sauce, depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought).
- Prepare 8 ounces of sliced mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 of –3 Tablespoons (10-15g) grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of ground basil or Italian seasoning, to taste.
- Prepare of Sun dried tomatoes.
To make a great cheese pizza, it's helpful to have a few pizza making tools handy! These two tools have been indispensable in our homemade. Extra Cheese Pizza on thick-style homemade pizza crust. Step-by-step visual tutorial to help guide you!
Homemade Extra Cheese Pizza instructions
- Prepare the pizza dough through step 6, including preheating the oven to 475°F (246°C) as described in step 4..
- Top the dough with the pizza sauce, then the sliced mozzarella, then the shredded mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, grated Parmesan, then sprinkle with basil..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That’s optional..
- Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months..
Making homemade pizza dough can sound like a lot of work, but it's so worth the bragging rights. The dough itself requires few ingredients and just a While you wait for the dough to be ready, you can get to work prepping your tomato sauce, chopping fresh vegetables, or grating the cheese you'll put on top. Perfect for a pizza night in! Oil- I like to use extra virgin olive oil because it provides a nice flavor to the dough. Sugar- just a tiny bit to help feed the yeast.