Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce). This recipe for chicken enchiladas with a creamy white sauce uses our popular Mexican pulled chicken recipe – a versatile, easy and delicious way to prepare chicken for many Mexican-inspired recipes such as this one. Now we need to make the white sauce. In a separate skillet (sorry), heat a couple of tablespoons of butter… And sprinkle on an equal amount of flour.
In a separate bowl, toss cooked chicken and chopped onion. The BEST chicken enchiladas recipe with white sauce. I think possibly these White Chicken Enchiladas have knocked the classic off its pedestal! You can have Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce)
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 5 of Green Onions, diced up.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 Lbs of Chicken Breast, boneless skinless, Diced.
- It’s 4 Oz of Cream Cheese, cut in chunks.
- It’s 24 Oz of Salsa Verde.
- You need 8 of Burrito Size Tortilla Shells.
- It’s 2 C of Mozzarella, Shredded.
It's Sunday night here in Sydney and I swore I was going to be healthy this week – starting from tonight. I had salad for dinner and I am munching on carrot sticks as I write this post. The BEST chicken enchiladas — easy to make, totally customizable with your favorite fillings, and made with a super-simple homemade enchilada sauce! Beans: Black beans, pinto beans, white beans, or lentils would all work great here.
Chicken Enchiladas (white sauce) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic to oil. Heat until softened and oil is infused with flavor..
- Toss diced chicken into skillet. Heat until cooked..
- Stir in cubed cream cheese and salsa. Simmer until sauce is smooth and well blended..
- In a 9 X 13 cake pan spoon some sauce into the bottom of the pan..
- Place one tortilla shell at the edge of the cake pan, spoon chicken and sauce into tortilla (Doesn't need to be stuffed full), roll, and push too the edge of the pan. Repeat until shells are used. Pour remaining sauce over stuffed tortillas.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes..
- Turn oven off. Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with cheese, return to oven until cheese is fully melted..
- Separate individual enchiladas and serve. They can be served alone or with sides. A bed of lettuce, corn chips, beans, rice, vegetables, or whatever you would like..
Tortillas: Corn tortillas are traditional in enchiladas, but I. Rich and creamy, these White Chicken Enchiladas are easy chicken enchiladas that are covered in a simple sour cream and green chile sauce. This simple and convenient chicken enchilada recipe starts with canned chicken, condensed soup, and Cheddar cheese, with some green hot sauce to kick things up a notch. Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce. Chicken Soft Tacos (Del Taco White Sauce Imitated) and Salsa on the Side KAL'S KITCHEN.