Butternut squash soup.
You can have Butternut squash soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- You need 1 of sliced onion.
- Prepare 1 of sliced leek.
- It’s 1 of sliced carrot.
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash.
- You need 40 gr of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/5 of tspoon cinnamon.
- It’s 150 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Prepare 750 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 700 ml of water.
- You need 50 gr of butter.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of whole cloves.
- It’s 3 of whole allspice (bahar).
- Prepare 1 of full spoon of honey (abt 50 gr).
- You need 100 ml of double cream.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Some pumpikin seeds for decoration.
Butternut squash soup step by step
- In a pan under medium heat, add the olive oil, the onion, leek and carrot and cook for 2-3 mins. Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut it in medium chunks. Add them in the pan and season with salt and let it for abt 10 mins – stir every few mins..
- Add the garlic and stir for abt 1 min and then add the chicken stock, the water, the orange juice, the bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Let it cooked till it gets soften (about 30-35 mins)..
- At the same time, put the butter in another pan under medium heat and bring it to boil. Stir often and let it boil till it becomes brownish or around 145degC. Then remove the butter from the pan and put it in another bowl (so that you stop the boiling)..
- When the butternut squash becomes soft enough, add the butter and the honey and stir for a few seconds. Remove the bayleaf, the cloves and allspice and then blend the soup to make it veloute. Season with extra salt (if needed) and pepper. Lastly, mix the cream and serve with some pumpkin seeds for decoration (5-6). Enjoy!.