Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup.
You can cook Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup
- You need 10 cups of chicken broth (Better Than Bullion is a favorite!).
- You need 1-2 lbs of sausage (Dealers choice! I use pork, mild or hot.).
- You need 1 of large chopped onion (Any type will work. Use your favorite.).
- You need 3 stalks of chopped celery.
- Prepare 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 T of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 T of Herbs De Provence (Please try to find/use this herb combo!).
- It’s 8 oz of dried lentils (Your choice, any type.).
- You need 2 cups of diced fresh uncooked yams.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen green peas.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen (4 cups of fresh) spinach.
- Prepare 7 oz of can chopped green chilis (Mild or Hot).
- You need 6 oz of can tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 T of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 3 T of local/favorite honey.
- You need of Salt/Pepper to taste.
Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, prepare broth..
- Dice onions and celery. Mince garlic..
- In skillet, sweat the onions, celery, and garlic until the onions become slightly translucent. Add entire contents of skillet to stock pot..
- Prepare the sausage. If using links, consider taking the casings off. I do. Or, you can use loose sausage. Make small 2" meatballs and, using a large spoon, carefully drop into the boiling broth. Cook for 20 mins. on medium heat. The meat doesn't have to thoroughly cook, it just needs to firm up in the broth..
- Add the yams, peas, chili's, and Herbs De Provence. Cook for 30 mins..
- Add the lentils. Cook for 45 mins..
- Add the cider vinegar, honey, and spinach. After returning to a boil, cook for 20 min..
- If the soup has too many veggies, no harm in adding more broth. If too much broth for your taste, try adding carrots or purple potatoes. I like to serve with a warm, seedy, crusty bread..