Creamy Loaded Potato Soup.
You can have Creamy Loaded Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 1/2 pound of bacon cut in bite size pieces.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 6 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 5 of large potatoes cut into small cubes. Less than an inch.
- Prepare 2 cups of Cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare of Fresh or dried chives, optional.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
Creamy Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and fry until crispy..
- Use the rendered bacon dripping to cook the diced onion until translucent..
- Add garlic and stir intil fragrant. Remove from heat..
- In dutch oven or stock pot, add the chicken broth, diced potatoes, onion, garlic..
- Bring to a soft boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender.Lower heat to simmer..
- Put 6 tablespoons of butter in skillet and melt. Add 1/3 cup flour and stir until smooth. Cook about 3 minutes to get rid of raw flour taste..
- Add the whole milk to the rue mixture. Cook until thick and bubbly..
- Add the rue to the simmering pot with broth. Stir and simmer until slightly thickened..
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, cheese and bacon pieces. Save some bacon for garnish..
- Heat but do not boil. Serve with extra dollop of sour cream, cheese and bacon..
- I like chives in mine but its optional. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You can mash the potatoes or puree half and have a less chunky soup if you like. Plus it thickens soup more. If you like it thicker, add some instant potatoes to your thickness of choice..