Best Damn Potato Soup.
You can cook Best Damn Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Damn Potato Soup
- You need of Soup Base.
- You need 12 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need 4 cups of beef broth.
- You need 8 of red potatoes.
- It’s of Béchamel Sauce.
- It’s 100 g of (~1/2 cup) butter.
- Prepare 100 g of (~1/2 cup) flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 of thinly sliced green onions.
Best Damn Potato Soup step by step
- Prep your ingredients: Dice bacon and onions. Peel and chop garlic cloves. Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Thinly slice green onions..
- Prepare Soup Base: Cook bacon over medium heat in large soup pot until brown..
- Add garlic and onions to soup pot and cook until onions become slightly translucent..
- Add beef broth and potatoes to soup pot, allow to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for ~15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender..
- Prepare Béchamel: In a sauce pan, add 1/2 cup butter. Cook until butter has melted and is no longer "foamy/bubbly".
- Add 1/2 cup of flour to sauce pan and stir until well combined. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring constantly..
- Slowly add milk to sauce pan, stirring to avoid lumps. Once all milk is added, stir in 1 cup of cheese and add salt/pepper to taste..
- Combine béchamel sauce to soup base in soup pot and stir until combined. Serve topped with green onions..