White Bean & Kale Soup.
You can cook White Bean & Kale Soup using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Bean & Kale Soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 ounces of bacon bits.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 3 of carrots.
- You need 4 of celery ribs (optional).
- Prepare 3 of potato’s.
- It’s 3 of garlic gloves (optional).
- You need 8 cups of bone broth.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of soaked white beans (or 1 1/2 cans).
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves (optional).
- You need of Kale – amount to liking.
- You need Pinch of salt.
White Bean & Kale Soup instructions
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat, and stir in bacon bits, cook 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes, tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, potatoes and garlic and stir about 5 minutes..
- Pour in bone broth and beans, and then drop in the bay leaves if you want. Cover the pot and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn off the heat, add salt and kale. Cover the pot again and allow the kale to wilt in the residual heat of the broth, about 5 minutes further. And then done!.