Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning).
You can have Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning) using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning)
- You need 1 pack of chicken thigh fillets.
- It’s of Oil to fry.
- You need of Lemongrass.
- Prepare of Galangal.
- You need of Ginger.
- It’s leaves of Lime.
- Prepare of Vermicelli noodles.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- Prepare of Spring onions.
- Prepare of Bean sprouts (optional).
- Prepare of Limes (optional).
- You need of Paste spices.
- You need 3 of big shallots or 6 small shallots.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Candlenuts (optional).
- Prepare Drops of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of lime leaves.
- You need of Chili paste (sambal) optional.
- It’s 2 of small shallots or 1/2 big shallot.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 4 of chillies.
- You need of salt.
- You need of oil.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning) instructions
- Start blending the ingredients for paste spices (shallots, garlic cloves, turmeric powder, candlenuts, lime leaves and some oil). Use blender or food processor whichever easier. Pre heat a bit of oil and sauté the paste in a pan for about 15 minutes..
- In the meantime, bring to boil 1.5-2 litre of water in a big pot and throw in lemongrass, cut galangal, cut ginger, some lime leaves. When yellow paste is done, mix it in the pot to make the soup and put thigh fillets in. Skin on thighs actually tastes better but it’s your preference. Stir and add some salt, pepper and white sugar to your likeness..
- Let the chicken cooked under medium heat, take out when they’re done. It should turn yellowish like this ! Now, keep the soup boiled in a small heat for another 1/2 hour or more. The longer, the better!.
- Now, my not so much favourite step is to fry them. Pre heat oil in a pan and start frying just until it turns golden brown, so it takes less than 2 minutes. I used oil splatter cover to reduce the splash and make sure you lower the heat A LOT once oil is heated..
- Once it’s done, you can start shredding the chicken and also boil some eggs, vermicelli noodles, wash bean sprouts and cut some spring onions for toppings. Bean sprouts can be replaced by sliced cabbage or sliced tomatoes 🙂 Chilli paste needs to be sautéed in a small pan, it’s optional if you don’t want the soup spicy..
- Put your noodles, shredded chicken and all toppings in your bowl, pour yellow soup to finish. Selamat makan (Bon appetite) !.