Beef and Barley soup.
You can have Beef and Barley soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and Barley soup
- It’s 2-3 cups of barley I like it thick with barley.
- Prepare 48 oz of beef broth.
- You need 4 of Beef short ribs cut and chop some meat off bone.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of small dried hot peppers or pepper flakes to taste.
- It’s Package of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 4 cups of Water to top off pot.
- It’s 4 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 1 of parsnip chopped.
- It’s of Oregano optional, we grow our own and use it frequently.
- It’s of Black pepper to taste.
Beef and Barley soup instructions
- Add all ingredients except carrots and parsnip to hot pot (pressure cooker). Cook for 30 minutes or as per manufactures suggested setting..
- After time and pot has cooled enough to open add carrots and parsnips for additional 15 minutes. I like my root veggies a little firm, if you prefer you can skip this and add the root veggies to the initial step..