Broccoli Cheese Soup.
You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 4 Tbsp of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 1-1 1/2 lbs of Fresh Broccoli (Chopped In Small Pieces).
- You need 1 of Onion (Diced).
- It’s 1-2 of Carrots (Grated or Julienned).
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic (Minced).
- Prepare 2 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 3 Cups of Whole Milk (Or Half and Half).
- You need 4 tsp of Chicken Bouillon (Optional)(Use Less Salt If Using).
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard Powder (Optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder (Optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Onion Powder (Optional).
- It’s 2 oz. of Cream Cheese (Optional).
- Prepare 12 oz. of Shredded Cheese (I prefer Sharp Cheddar).
- You need of Salt (To Taste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper (Or To Taste).
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of Veg Oil.
Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- Cut off the majority of the Broccoli Stalks off the Florets. Cut Florets into small bite size pieces. Mince or thinly slice Stalks. Set aside..
- Heat Veg Oil in a big Soup Pot over Medium to Medium High Heat. Add Broccoli Florets. Lightly Salt. Allow to cook until there is a slight char on the bottom, then stir to expose other Florets to the bottom of the pan. Allow them to char a bit. Keep stirring until Florets are charred on a few sides, but still Bright Green. Pour Broccoli onto a cookie sheet or in a large bowl to cool. Set aside..
- In the same Soup Pot, Add Butter over Med Heat. Add Onions and Broccoli Stalks. Lightly Salt. Cook until Onions are translucent and slightly soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in Minced Garlic. Cook for about a minute, or until fragrant. Add Grated Carrots. Cook for another 1 or 2 Minutes..
- Add the Flour, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 or 2 Minutes, then whisk in the Chicken Broth, stirring constantly. Stir in Milk, Chicken Bouillon, Mustard Powder, Garlic & Onion Powder. Turn Heat up to Medium High to bring to a boil. As soon as it reaches a boil, turn down Heat again, and bring to a simmer..
- Turn off Heat. With an Immersion Blender, (Or use a Standing Blender) blend soup until smooth. You can skip this step, if you prefer a chunkier soup. Then while the Immersion Blender is running, start adding in the Shredded Cheese and Cream Cheese. Blend until all the Cheese is incorporated. Now, stir in the Broccoli. Pulse a few times to break up the Broccoli. You can also skip this step, if you prefer your Broccoli whole. Taste for Seasoning..
- Turn Heat back up to Medium, and cook until Soup is Hot again. Turn Heat down to Low to keep Warm. Serve with your favorite Croutons or Crusty Bread. Enjoy!.
- Tip: If you'd prefer to skip using flour, you can cube a large potato and cook it in the soup. Once soft, crush and stir or blend into the soup..