Split Pea Soup with Ham.
You can have Split Pea Soup with Ham using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup with Ham
- You need 2 lb. of dried split peas.
- You need 11 1/2 of cups.
- It’s 4 of chicken bouillon.
- It’s 2 lb. of ham on bone.
- You need 4-5 clove of garlic minced or pressed.
- It’s 2 of carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks leave and all medium chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion minced.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Fresh black pepper.
- It’s of Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed.
Split Pea Soup with Ham step by step
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour..
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone..
- Additional seasoning taste and serve..