Ash Dough (Persian Thick Soup).
You can cook Ash Dough (Persian Thick Soup) using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ash Dough (Persian Thick Soup)
- You need 1 cup of chickpeas.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of kilo yoghurt (or 2 liters.
- Prepare of Dough).
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Ash Dough (Persian Thick Soup) instructions
- Soak the chickpeas in water for 24 hours. Try to change the water 2-3 times. this helps to reduce bloating after eating grains..
- Magic tip: while boiling grains cut a cucumber vertically in to two pieces and boil it with grains. before it falls apart remove from the pot. It does magic no bloating after eating any kinds of grain..
- Bring water and chickpeas in boiling. Leave it on low fire for 3 hours until they are soft..
- Add rice and chopped onion to chickpeas and let the rice gets soft and broken in to small pieces. at this point the mixture is thick with little water..
- Pour yoghurt in mixer, add the egg and mix it well until fluffy and smooth. As you might not find dough (yoghurt+ water) add water to yoghurt and mix it again until get smooth thick liquid. The egg doesn’t let yogurt and water get separated and broken while boiling..
- Add it to the pot. Bring the fire very low and stir it every once in a while..
- Peel and press the garlic. Add it to the soup..
- Add the chopped parsley and boil it for about 15 minutes..
- You can make meatballs and add to the soup but it’s optional..
- Tip: Sour yoghurt gives a better taste to this soup..