Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
You can cook Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Prepare 1 of High Quality Turkey Bacon,.
- Prepare of Pure Honey, A Drizzle.
- It’s of Kimchi Preferably Aged & Homemade, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- Prepare of Korean Chili Paste / Gochujang, 1 TBSP Adjust To Preference.
- It’s 1 Handful of Gruyère Freshly Grated,.
- Prepare Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt, Small.
- It’s of White Sandwich Bread, 4 Thick Slices.
- You need of Kewpie Mayo, 4 Spread.
- It’s of Parmigiano Reggiano, For Grating.
- It’s of Low Moisture Mozzarella, A Few Slices or Strips.
Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich step by step
- You can check out my previous kimchi post for the recipe..
- In a skillet, add in bacon. Cook until the bottom is slightly browned and oil starts to release. Flip and drizzle in the honey. Cook thru' but not till crispy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down slightly..
- Drain kimchi to remove some of the excess juice. *You can do this by squeezing or hang on a sieve.* Finely chop the drained kimchi into fine pieces. Transfer into a bowl. Add in Korean chili paste. Slice bacon into fine strips. Add in the sliced bacon, along with gruyère, nori flakes and salt..
- Mix until well combined. Spread mayo on 1 side of each bread. Heat the skillet over medium-low heat. Grate parmigiano into the same skillet, to a size slightly bigger than the bread..
- Once the cheeses start to cook, place a slice of bread, mayo side down onto the cheese. Press the bread gently with a spatula for about 15 secs. Lay mozzarella slices or strips onto the bread. Spoon the kimchi mixture over the mozzarella..
- Place another slice of bread, mayo side up, over the top. Gently the sandwich with a spatula for about 15 secs. Cover and cook until the cheeses start to brown and the oil has almost evaporated. Using a spatula, remove the sandwich from the skillet. Remove the skillet from heat..
- Grate parmigiano into the skillet. Flip the sandwich onto the cheese. Press gently with a spatula and cover..
- Cook until brown and crispy. Remove from heat and transfer onto a serving plate. Repeat the steps for the remaining sandwich. Slice and serve immediately..
- You can check out the detailed video recipe here: instagram.com/tv/CJv1JaMl9d1/.